Building the capacity of a new Global Fund Principal Recipient
IDEAS served on a team which helped the National Center for Parasitology, Entomology, and Malaria Control (CNM) in a paradigm shift, from its significant experience as a sub-recipient of Global Fund support funds to its new role as a Principal Recipient. The team worked to strengthen CNM in several areas, with emphasis on building the capacity of the Finance Unit in financial and grant management. Over three country visits, the Grant Management Solutions-Principal Recipient (GMS-PR) team helped to:
- create a robust structure for the Finance Unit and delineate the roles of the senior finance staff
- develop Subsidiary Financial Guidelines
- develop and implement a chart of accounts and train unit staff in its use
- develop internal procedures for the unit
- strengthen CNM’s management of its sub-recipients.